Service Delivery Philosophy Policy
NorWest Community Health Centres (NWCHC) believes that health is determined by many factors, including housing, environment, education, gender inequality, social support, opportunities for employment, and contributions to society.
NWCHC believes that people have the right and the capacity to participate in and make informed choices about the factors that affect their health and their health care.
NWCHC will inform clients, in an appropriate manner, of their rights to:
- Independent expression
- Choice to accept or refuse treatment or services
- Be treated with respect, dignity, consideration, in privacy, in a safe and secure service environment that is free of discrimination
Your Rights & Responsibilities
NorWest Community Health Centres (NWCHC) encourages you to learn as much as you can about your health and well-being and to recognize the things that affect it. NWCHC believes that everyone has the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and privacy. As well as rights, you have the responsibility to ensure you get the best care possible. Clients are supported by interdisciplinary team to reach their goals.
Everyone Has Rights and Responsibilities
Everyone has the right to:
- health care... and the responsibility to take care of themselves
- healthy, affordable food, every day... and the responsibility to make healthy food choices
- be taken seriously... and the responsibility to listen to others
- a clean environment... and the responsibility not to pollute it
- be included whatever their abilities... and the responsibility to respect others for their differences
- an education... and the responsibility to seek out lifelong learning
- safe and affordable housing... and the responsibility to ensure it is safe and well maintained
- make mistakes... and the responsibility to learn from their mistakes
- be proud of their heritage and beliefs... and the responsibility to respect cultures and beliefs of others
NorWest Community Health Centres respects the client's right to seek a second opinion about their medical management and to make a complaint without fear of any consequence to their care.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier